Hello all, here’s a really easy stew recipe for those who love stew and seafood. So please enjoy, and let me know if the recipe worked out for you! I’ve also added a side dish of baked asparagus, works out great with the stew.
you’ll need: 2-1/2 cups of vegetable broth, 6 large tiger prawns, 1 cup of bay scallops, 1 cat fish fillet sliced in 1″ cubes, 1 cup long wild rice, 3 tsp minced garlic, 2 tsp chili powder, 1 cup of red peppers sliced, 1 cup of yellow peppers sliced, 1 yellow onion sliced, 4 tomatoes cut in quarters, 1 can of diced tomatoes (keep the water), 1/4 cup of orange juice
1. In a medium sized pot, add the vegetable broth and wait for it to boil, once boiled add in the chilli powder, rice, and garlic
2. reduce to a low-med heat and allow the rice to simmer for about half an hour/when it’s tender, (keep adding a little bit of vegetable broth from time to time once the liquid is being reduced)
3. Once the rice is tender, on high heat, add in the peppers, fresh and diced tomatoes as well as the onions, let the vegetables cook in the broth
4. Lastly, add the fish, shrimp, scallops and orange juice, and bring the whole pot to a boil
5. Add salt/pepper for seasoning
..and you’re done!
you’ll need: 2 packs of small baby asparagus, 1 tsp of salt, 1 tsp black pepper, 2 tsp of dried mixed herbs, 2 tsp olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 250 C
2. Wash and drain all the baby asparagus, make sure they’re dry before you place them on the tin foil
3. Once the asparagus have been placed on the tin foil, proceed to add the olive oil, salt, pepper and mixed herbs
4. Place it in the oven for about 15 minutes, the asparagus should appear to be dry on the tips and a little browned
..and you’re done!
Hope these recipes will work out for you, happy cooking everyone!
& I just realized I haven’t done tracks of the day in awhile, so here’s a calming tune from The Drums for your Tuesday night, enjoy!