Chicken Mushroom Risotto
4 small pieces of chicken breast, 2 cups of chopped up white button mushrooms, 2 cups of Arborio rice, 1/2 cup of white onion diced, 3 tsp minced garlic, 1/2 cup of dry white wine, 2 tsp of olive oil, 2 medium slices of butter, 5 cups of chicken broth
1. Boil the chicken breasts in a small pot of boiling water.
2. Once boiled, (doesn’t have to be completely cooked), rip apart the chicken into small strips using your hands, and set aside.
3. In a large pan over high heat, put in the olive oil and butter; and sautee the onions and garlic until brown.
4. Add in the Arborio rice and mix it with the onions.
5. Still on high heat, add in the white wine and let the rice absorb all the moisture before turning it down to medium heat.
6. slowly add in 1/2 cup of chicken broth, along with the mushrooms and little bits of chicken strips.
7. Stir on low heat until all moisture is absorbed.
8. Repeat steps 6 and 7 until the rice becomes tender but is still a little grainy on the inside.
Should take approx. 30-40 minutes.
9. Once the rice is ready, add in salt and pepper for seasoning.
Pesto drizzled Minestrone Soup
5 cups of chicken broth, 1/2 cup of dry red wine, 1 cup of chopped celery, 1 cup of chopped carrots, 1 cup of chopped zuchinni, 1 cup of chopped fresh tomatoes, 1/2 cup of chopped fresh basil, 1 and half cups of canned diced tomatoes, 1/2 cup of white onion diced, 3 tsp of minced garlic, 1 tsp of pesto
1. In a large pot over high heat, add olive oil and sautee onions and garlic until brown
2. Add in the celery and carrots and sautee for 5 minutes.
3. Add in the chicken broth, dry red wine, zuchinnis, canned tomatoes, fresh tomatoes and basil over high heat and bring it to a boil.
4. Switch to medium heat and let it simmer for 30 minutes uncovered.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. When serving in a soup bowl, drizzle the pesto over the soup.