All you need is this concentrated curry paste!….and some other stuff.
What you’ll need:
1 big square block of S&B curry paste, 2 large carrots sliced, 1 yellow onion sliced, your choice of meat sliced thinly, (in my recipe i used pork), 2 cups of rice, 1-1/2 tsp corn starch, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp sugar, 1-1/2 tsp sesame oil, 1 tsp chopped garlic, hint of black pepper
1. Marinate the meat with the salt, sugar, sesame oil, corn starch (makes your meat more tender), and black pepper.
2.In a large pot, heat 2tsp olive oil on high heat, sautee onions and garlic for 2 minutes.
3. Throw in the carrots and sautee on medium heat for another 5 minutes.
4. Add 5 cups of hot water into the large pot where you’ve sauteed the carrots and onions, and switch to med-low heat and let it boil without the lid on.
5. Let the vegetables boil for 20-25 minutes
6. In medium sized pan, heat 2tsp olive oil, once the oil is hot, pour in the meat and sautee until cooked. Set aside.
7. You may start preparing the rice, if you don’t have a rice cooker at home you can prepare the rice this way:
a) In a medium pot, fill the pot up with water and let it boil
b)Pour the uncooked rice in a bowl, wash it with warm water until the water is left running clear.
c) When the water has boiled, pour the rice in, and let it cook on high heat for 3 minutes
d) After 3 minutes, switch to low heat and cover the pot, letting the rice cook for 30 minutes
e) rice should be ready once all the water has precipitated, leaving only the soft rice.
8. The vegetables in the big pot should be ready now. While remaining on low heat, separate the big square of curry paste into 4 blocks and dump them in one by one in the large pot where the vegetables are cooked. Keep stirring as you put the blocks in, the water in the pot should look more and more viscous. Now pour in the meat you previously sauteed as well. The curry is complete once it’s become thick.
Lastly, put the rice in your favourite bowl and pour the curry on..