For tonight’s dinner, I decided to make some baked lamb chops (one of my dad’s favourite dishes!), and the minestrone soup : )
You’ll need: 4 lamb chops, fresh parsley, fresh thyme, fresh mint leaves, salt, and pepper
1. preheat the oven to 450 F or 235 C
2. Chop up all the herbs
3. Marinade the lamb chops with salt, pepper, and the chopped up herbs
4. in a pan on high heat, pour 1tsp of oil olive
5. Allow the lamb chops to sizzle on the pan for 30 seconds (or until brown), do the same for the other side
6. now pop them into the oven, and let it bake for 20 minutes
You’ll need:5 cups of chicken broth, 1 diced canned tomatoes,4 stalks of celery, 1 zucchini, a generous handful of baby spinach, 1 large onion, 2 large carrot sticks, 1/2 cup of shell pasta and 1 tsp of minced garlic
1. in a large soup pot on high heat, add 2 tsp of olive oil
2. add the minced garlic and chopped up onions, allow it to sautee until brown
3. now add in the chopped up celery and carrots, sautee for around 5 minutes
4. add in the chicken broth, diced canned tomatoes with the water and let it boil
5. now add the chopped up zucchini, spinach and shell pasta, turn it to med. heat
6. allow all the ingredients to cook for another 30 minutes
The above recipes have been taken out of the cookbook “Bite Me”, by Julie Albert and Lisa Gnat
However, for the lamb chops, I did tweak the recipe to fit my own tastes, and you can do the same too. Try switching it up by marinating with different herbs, grilling them, or sizzling them on the pan!
For those of you who don’t know, this cookbook is amazing , it’s got recipes that could give you a 5 course meal every day. I also love the fact that they have interesting and creative tips, from showing you how to choose the best seafood to the best tunes to jam with while cooking.
sooo for those who are interested in cooking, go to your local book store and pick this up!!